♫ ♪ Got 2 Let U
Once again, a plaid dress.. But this time casual..
Pattern that I adjusted to my idea is #109 from Burda01/2014.. I wear a lot my first version of that top, in my case tunic.. Love those long sleeves.. For the dress version, I omitted the peplum/skirt part.. Before I started adding fullness to the bodice, I had only a vaguely idea how to do it.. If I didn’t stumble upon this great tutorial for Scout tee complex geometrics by Ebony, I would definitely improvise something without knowing how the result would look.. I wish I could have added more fullness, but I had only about 1.80 m of fabric and I wanted to maintain super long sleeves.. After adjusting the bodice pattern, I added the length to make it into a dress.. Very short dress.. The back part is longer than the front for about 3-5 cm.. Just for fun I added large pockets..
The fabric is some kind of a wool blend, and for that kind of fabric it drapes nicely.. Matching plaid went smoothly.. There’s not a lot of seams, so chances for mistakes are minimal.. The pockets are cut on bias.. There are no bust darts.. Sleeves are made from two parts, and I like how they fit.. Even on my skinny arms they don’t look too loose.. All hems are finished with bias tape and hand stitched with blind seam.. Instead of a button and a loop for closure at the back, I sewed hook and eye..
More photos on my blog..
Behind the camera – my favorite sister Dina :)