1. Cut a parallelogram out of two pieces of linen. I used fabric remnants, so while I would have loved to make longer straps, I ended up making a wide-but-shallow bag.
2. Marked the navy piece with a 1/2 inch grid
3. Worked embroidery on the centre piece of the navy fabric.
4. Stitched the two pieces together, right-sides facing, leaving an opening in one of the straps. Turned inside-out, pressed, and stitched the opening closed.
5. Stitched the sides together on the right side. The bag has exposed side seams, and is reversible.